OUR COMPANY APPROACH
As a relationship based company AMR's policy is to provide the highest level of service and most importantly keep our clients informed at all times. AMR employees give an undertaking to return all telephone calls paying particular attention to regular and consistent communication.
PROACTIVE TENANT NETWORKING
Our Aim is to have a suitable tenant in your property at all times. AMR strives to have the lowest vacancy periods in the business and have procedures in place to assist us in this endeavour. AMR has an active database of tenants...... We conduct Open for Inspections while your property is still occupied rather than waiting until it becomes vacant, which contributes towards reduced vacancy period. The team at AMR go the extra mile in finding tenants for our clients and can conduct as many as three different open for inspection methods including, “Open for inspections” on Saturdays, weekdays and private inspections.
A prospective tenant can register their details on our website, therefore receiving emails as soon as any new property is listed, along with details on inspection times.
Getting the right tenant for your property from the start helps to ensure a smooth running tenancy. As a result, we conduct comprehensive reference checks on all prospective tenants who submit an application for your property. This will include:-
- Verification of current and previous rental history
- Verification of current and previous employment history and confirmation of income
- Verification of character references
- National tenancy data base search
- Formal reference and credit checks with a national tenancy database to confirm there are no previous defaults listed against the applicant (charges to apply)
We will consult with you for further instruction to proceed with applications. While the final decision will be yours in determining your tenant, we will be able to provide you with a full and detailed recommendation based on the information we have obtained.
RENT PROCESSING AND ACCOUNTING
AMR's accounts team completes statement balances twice a week to ensure our clients receive rental income quicker. We will provide you with a monthly statement showing all income and expenses of your rental property. Accompanied with an income and expense summary at the end of the financial year to assist with taxation.
Rental arrears are monitored daily and payment of overdue rent is aggressively pursued. Our diligent methods include SMS, e-mail, letters and verbal communication. Should a tenant fail to pay rent by the 15th day, under the legislation we may now initiate legal proceedings to have them evicted from your property. We will communicate and guide you through the situation as thoroughly as possible. Should this unfortunate situation arise, we are experienced in these procedures and will ensure any potential loss suffered by you is minimised and resolved as quickly as possible.
Prior to a tenant taking possession of a property we will complete a thorough condition report including photographs. This ensures protection of your property and its fixtures allowing us to assess and report on the overall condition of your property.
On behalf of our clients AMR conducts regular inspections during the course of each tenancy - adhearing to legislative requirements. This enables us to ensure your tenant is looking after everything and provides us with the opportunity to make recommendations on refurbishments and maintenance required to protect the integrity of your property.
AMR will perform an outgoing inspection once your tenant vacates. There is an expectation of the tenant to leave your property as they found it, taking into account fair wear and tear.
We recommend prompt response time to maintenance. In the event your tenant reports taking into consideration the expense and advise you of the action we recommend including items covered under warranty or builders warranties.
There are some items which may be classified under the legislation as an “urgent repair” and may require same day attention; all other maintenance items should be completed within 14 day period. We have access to qualified trades people that we can recommend to attend to the general repairs.
Forward planning is the key to success, we will be contacting the tenant four months prior to the lease expiring asking of there intentions, during this time we will contact you prior to the expiration of the current fixed term lease in order to seek your instructions to negotiate a further term of lease with your tenant. At this time, we will make recommendations as to our opinion of the current market rent achievable on your property. Once we have received your instruction to proceed with negotiations to enter into a new lease, we will make every attempt to secure a further term for you.
Rent reviews are conducted at six months and at 12 months, if a tenancy agreement is in place. We take the opportunity during our inspections to make rental assessments based on the current market and can inform you of this in our inspection reports. This means you are kept fully informed of market conditions.
- Proactive marketing to prospecting tenants and Relocation Agents.
- Personal Inspections in conjunction with Open for Inspections weekdays and weekends where applicable.
- Regular updates on the leasing process, by email or phone and you will also receive a SMS from the Property Manager after every inspection with an update.
- Quality assessment of prospective tenants.
- Preparation of leasing documentation in line with current legislation.
- Completion of a thorough ingoing condition report with supporting photographs.
- Collection of the first months rent in advance.
- Collection and lodgement with RTBA of the security Deposit of a months rent.
- Tenants will be provided with a Rights and Duties of Landlords and Tenants.
- Application for change over water account with the water company.
- Tenants will be provided with payment options for easy payment of future rent.
- Tenants will sign for all keys provided and a copy of such kept in our office.
- Assistance to the tenant with connection of Utilities.
- Daily arrears control.
- Arrangement of maintenance and monitoring of progress.
- Regular inspections and a written report to you with photos.
- Recommendations on required refurbishments to maintain your capital value and maximize your return.
- Prompt payment of accounts on your behalf.
- Efficient and timely accounting of rental monies.
- A detailed monthly statement of income and expenditure.
- Negotiation of further fixed term leases were possible.
- Timely advise of rental reviews and preparation of notices in accordance to the legislation.
- Legislative and practical advice.
- Ongoing communication with your tenant to ensure a smooth tenancy.
- Professional representation at VCAT should the need arise.